Friday, September 14, 2007

It was 40th september today


Bizarre morning. Had set the alarm for 26 past 6. But when I woke up to the alarm & saw the time, it was 40 past! As I picked up the news paper, my wife reminded me that I had 40 shirts to pick up frm the dry cleaners. Told her it was only 26. We argued- finally settled on the indisputable fact that I had given the shirts. So I will know. Just as I will know my age. As we were setting into blissful concurrence on 26, my little nephew came by.. Saying 25+1 is 40. Tried correcting him, but had to give up when my whole family frm my 10 yr old son to 70 yr old dad agreed with this! Cldnt believe what was happening. Even wierd that it shd happen on a day when I turn just that bit older. Adding a year to my yesterdays 25 yr age!

The last straw was when my highly knowledgeable daughter told me it was
40th september today. Now we all know that there cannot be a 40th day in sep! she said she is referring to the number of septembers & not the day in september. I just didn't get it. But then, not surprising as am not as smart as her!

Lets just accept & move on. So in all today is abt 26! There can never be a 40! Wld like all of u to join me in celebrating this landmark discovery. Those that like the c-gars, be in the 3 floor lobby in 15 mts, & those that don't like the cs, pls chew on the candy bars that I kept on Shabnams desk! And, the really spirited ones, join me at The DS at 5:30.

Cheers,
Rachna

This mail reached everyware in our company by Ramesh Lognatham our VP (middleware). By the time when we reached to sabnam’s desk, the candy was not there (even sabnam was also wondering, what this is happening), and I reached to loby for cigar, but that was also not there. Everybody was wondering who is Rachna, we were planning to send this mail to Ramesh wife, that time Ramesh was busy with our CEO. Everyone was waiting for Ramesh…Finally Birthday baby come outside…we celebrate and ask the mystery of Rachna. There was a mail from Rachna for his birthday wishes, he just deleted all the stuff and write a new mail, and forget to delete the name Rachna…So guys don’t make any wrong assumption, he is happy man with his one wife and kids.

I don’t ever see this kind of man, with that much energy. I had never seen him standing our sitting alone, he is associate professor of India’s best technical and business school, some time he was speaker of Java also, in the mean time he is good biker also.

By the time we had a Romeo Y Julieta Habana (Rodriguez Argulles y C) cigar and some candy, In the evening we are going to pub “10 downing street”(DS) to celebrate some more on his birthday with some good wine and Scotch.

Be happy :)

No comments: