Tuesday, September 18, 2007

kill time


Life is a roller coaster, spending years after years in Delhi, you see few ups and lot of downs, u feel stuck, u feel like running away. Escaping to haridwar spending some time near Ganges, sipping beer on the banks (its illegal in haridwar, so if you really wana run better run more northwards), friends playing guitar, a self created fire burning slowly, struggling for its life, and you stand up like Chuck Noland and scream, I CREATED THE FIRE…….., Sitting on the sand, thinking of some maryen or sitting in a coffee house gulping espresso shots, watching chicks, just doing nothing …….or in a rainy day sitting in a bus, deliberately missing your stop just to see where is her house, then trying to find her father’s surname in the telephone directory, to give her blank calls, Some carefree moments., , like Ghalib once said, and well Gulzar sahab recreated it for Mausam.
dil dhoondta hai fir wahi fursat ke raat dinbaithe rahe tasavoor ye jaana kiye hue
But those raat din usually never came. Since the time we become mature, we think only this year…..I screwed up badly, next year will be fine. And more repetitions, something like a monotonous function, in the hope that one fine day the sun will rise from west and things will start working for me. But that never happened………it’s a glorous waste of time, its running away like an ostrich, hiding face in the sand thinking that the enemy will never find it, but the enemy is within.

Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
The time is gone, the song is over……………..

Well said Roger, sometimes you feel like catching the time, holding it lightly in your hand, and never let it go. If it tries to escape, kick it hard, kill it and say yes I killed the time, just throw anything that reminds you of time as far as you can. You have to spend those carefree moments, the moments, which you will miss afterwards. Walking in the rain, soaking your shoes, getting wet, trying to protect your cell phone, and missing bus after bus. Walking down the street meeting old friends at chai wala stall. Sitting endlessly from dusk to dawn, sipping tea after tea, remembering those melodious memories.

Call me the carefree kind
I wander with the breeze
My mind and heart's at ease
Doing what pleases me best
Long as I keep happy I can't lose
Till I find my place there's no doubt
I'll be a rovin' roustabout……………..

No comments: